How different social networks can help your site
So, how to use Facebook, Instagram and other social networks to promote your activity?
1. Don't sign up without studying how it works
- An Instagram page is a great social media choice for photographers or someone whose business relies on high quality and sometimes flashy pictures of their products or events.
- A Facebook page has the first quality of being hosted on a very popular social network. The primary activity on Facebook is to share status updates and links to pages and to this effect it works very well. Facebook is well designed for sharing ideas and discussing them.
- Pinterest allows users to find and follow people and businesses who represent certain topics interesting for them, save and share ideas. This service can actually be a very efficient way to promote websites dedicated to certain kinds of services or topics.
- Other social networks, have various qualities, but keep in mind that their main objective is to have a maximum number of subscribers sending each other all kinds of invitations and links. The quality of these links is often less important than their potential to spread like a virus. (Viral Marketing)
2. Be careful to separate what is professional and what is personal
A Facebook page is often a personal thing, with your close friends and family listed as contacts. If you believe that your business can benefit from such a page, create a dedicated page for your business. This will keep your personal posts off your business site and vice versa. That said, your business contacts might want to know a little bit about the person who is behind the business so don't be scared to post things about yourself, just keep them professional.
3. Know that it can be time consuming to maintain such a page
These services are designed to keep subscribers clicking, addicted to the simple use of it. You need to be constantly posting interesting and relevant status updates to keep your social network followers interested.
4. Keep it interesting for your reader
Originality and usefulness should be the core of all "strategies" to promote your activity on the net. If you understand that a Facebook page could be a nice complement to your business, and you understand the time and effort it requires then social networks could be a very nice way to promote your site.
Remember though that you don't need to have a social network account in order for your readers to share your pages on their social networks.
What social networks are the best for my business?