Google places, for localized businesses.
Basic principles in optimizing your Google Place.
In general it is a bad idea for a business to have more than one listing with Google places.
- Search for your place by phone number: Google places are usually identified by phone number. It is possible that your business already has a place. If you are the owner of the phone number associated with the place, you will be able to claim the place and modify it so that it accurately reflects your business.
- Search for your place by address: You will often be able to find multiple business that have the same address. While it is possible to have a multiple businesses at a single location, out of date or misplaced business should be removed as to not create confusion.
- Search for your place by name: In addition to searching by phone number and address it is also a good idea to search for your business by name. Someone may have added the location under the wrong address or without a phone number. Also search for common misspellings of your business name.
Make sure you fill in all the information that you are able to.
- You can add up to 10 photos. Use them. Provide a picture of your shop and your products. and why not one picture of smiling staff.
- There is space to add 5 Youtube videos, use it.
- Provide your business hours
- Use multiple keywords, and create custom categories if and when they are relevant.
Don't stuff keywords into your title or into your keywords.
Lastly your Google Place allows users to leave reviews.
Use this feature to your advantage.
Don't rely on your website alone to be found by Google. If Google determines that a search query is location based, the first seven results that Google displays are often from Google Places. Use Google places in conjunction with your website in order to better serve your customers and let your readers find you.