The advice and tips given in the following pages are to help you get your website known, on the World Wide Web, and beyond.
This guide is specifically for people who have created a site with SimpleDifferent, our favorite website editor, but can apply to anybody wanting to better their understanding of how to promote the existence and the content of a website.
This guide can also be seen as the next logical step after reading SimpleDifferent's other helpful guide: writing for both readers and search engines.
We will start with basic advice on the way search engines prefer to see your site, understand it and reference it. This advice will help your readers to find your site.
- Creating original content
- Organizing your content in an effective and logical way
- Creating a links page in your site
- Integrating social networking tools into your site.
Followed by other ways to promote your site outside of the site itself.
- Creating links to your site from other sites
- Using Facebook and other social networks (even if you don't have accounts)
- Using Flickr and the Creative Commons license
- Submitting your site to directories
Upgrading your SimpleDifferent site to Pro can actually help you promote your site